Seeking Entry-Level, Full-Time Social Media Marketing Associate [REMOTE POSITION]
When times are tough, the tough get GROWING, and at SND Agency our team is expanding as the demand for digital marketing continues to increase. Come find out what it’s like to work for a company that prioritizes employees and growth (and is 100% remote)!
Digital marketing is more important than it has ever been. SND Agency is a fast-paced digital marketing agency, a group of creative and enthusiastic content creators, writers, strategists, and more, and we are looking to add a full time, entry-level Social Media Associate to our team. If you are interested in an exciting marketing/communications position where you will always be learning new things and have opportunities to grow your career in digital marketing– read on!
As a virtual agency, our entire team has always worked remotely, which means when COVID-19 hit, we were ahead of the curve with over a decade of experience, systems, and protocol to make a 100% remote team rewarding and successful. In addition to the benefit of working from home in a global pandemic, this fully-remote job also means no wear-and-tear on your car, no parking fees, no gas expenses, and no commuting time. We engage in daily communication among team members as well as weekly video team calls (and monthly in-person meetings which will resume post-COVID), so our employees experience the camaraderie and support of working side by side, while also benefiting greatly from the remote working experience.
Here at SND Agency, we value people, from our clients to every employee and contractor – we understand that business starts with people. We are a company built on putting our employees first and it shows! We care about each employee’s health and wellbeing, and we encourage a work/life balance. We are also dedicated to professional as well as personal development, with a hands-on CEO who is committed to mentoring and investing in each employee, and is always willing to listen to feedback, suggestions, and questions. We believe even the newest teammate can be a leader, and our team is built up of people who are hungry to grow in leadership; that growth begins day one on the job.
As our newest Social Media Associate, you will be instrumental in the growth and expansion of SND Agency. We are looking for someone excited to invest their creative talents into our team and grow their career. The right candidate will:
- possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- have working knowledge of social media channels
- be an analytical thinker
- have excellent organizational skills
- be detail-oriented
- be good at following directions and protocol
- be self-motivated and driven to take initiative
- be hungry to learn new things
- be eager to go the extra mile to advance their career in digital marketing
- be able to work autonomously and also as an integral part of a team
- exhibit loyalty and a true caring for the company they work for, understanding that this small business is all about lifting everyone up as we grow.
- have a work ethic that matches their enthusiasm
We are looking for a college graduate with a Bachelor’s degree. Preferable areas of studies: marketing, communications, journalism, English, Writing, or a similar field, as well as a background in STEM studies, with an interest in a career path in Digital Marketing. Looking for a person who loves to dig deep into the why (metrics analysis and number crunching) but balances that with the how (creativity and ingenuity).
- Create messaging for social media channels
- Assist in managing day-to-day activities on social media channels
- Assist in social media marketing campaign planning and execution
- Assist in public relations, reporter outreach, writing press releases
- Assist in online event planning, messaging, and execution
- Assist in writing copy for website, emails, and any other part of the organization
- Assist in proofreading copy
- Assist in audience building on social media
- Updating WordPress website and publishing blog posts
- Organizing photos, event messaging, donor and member outreach, and more
- Writing & editing for blogs and newsletters
- Assist in analyzing website and ads data and reporting results
- Assist in planning campaigns, writing ads, placing ads and reporting on digital ads
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to multitask
- Strong writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written format
- Team player, with the confidence to take risks and dive into new projects head first
- Good technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Google Drive
- Attention to details and deadlines
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to work independently, be self-driven and motivated
- Responsible, goal-oriented, focused, and cause-driven
- Required to attend one meeting and co-working day (up to 8 hours as a team) per month (day will be scheduled each month by management during regular business hours 9am-5pm) at The Coven in downtown Minneapolis. Our in person co-working days and meetings have been suspended due to COVID-19 but will resume when it is deemed safe to do so.
- Required to live in the state of Minnesota and pay income taxes in the state of Minnesota.
Skills Not Required but Definitely Appreciated
- Blog writing skills
- Basic video editing
- Basic graphic design experience (Canva, Adobe Products, Pixlr, etc.)
- Basic HTML knowledge
This is an entry-level, hourly, full-time position with a starting training pay of $15/hour and quick advancement opportunities. Benefits include Paid Time Off, holidays, and matching 401K program.
Interested in this opportunity? Send an email inquiry by December 1, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Cover letter that tells us why you would fit in with our vibrant team at SND Agency and why you are the perfect candidate for this job
(Hint: don’t bore us! Use your creative writing talents, graphic design skills, video savvy or whatever skills and talents you have to sell us on why you should get this job. This is a communications position so WOW us with your communication strength and effort!)
- Writing sample (Blog post preferred but this can be any type of writing).
- Links to your social media accounts open for public viewing
- Link to your updated LinkedIn page. (You are trying to start a career in digital marketing, so a stellar LinkedIn profile is essential for your career growth, and we want to see what you’ve got!)
**Applicants that do not send all required application material as outlined above will not be considered.
At SND Agency, our mission is to build a better community by helping people and businesses bring their unique talents to the world. We are committed to working with brands that we believe in, and our team of the best and brightest in digital marketing serve our customers with cutting-edge services. Are you the next member of our team? Send us your application today!