Are you a recent college graduate looking to launch your career in the exciting and ever-changing field of Digital Marketing? Join our team!
SocialNicole is a fast-paced digital marketing agency, and we are growing! We are a group of creative and enthusiastic content creators, writers, strategists, and more, and we are looking to add a full time, entry-level Social Media Associate to our team. If you are interested in an exciting marketing/communications position where you will always be learning new things and have opportunities to grow your career in digital marketing– read on!
As a virtual agency, our entire team works remotely, which means no wear-and-tear on your car, no parking fees, no gas expenses, and saved time on commuting. While our remote position means having the flexibility to work from home or on the go, we also engage in daily communication between team members as well as monthly in-person meetings, so our employees experience the camaraderie and support of working alongside a creative team.
The Social Media Associate will be instrumental in the growth and expansion of SocialNicole, and we are looking for someone excited to invest their creative talents into our team. The right candidate will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, have working knowledge of networking channels (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and have excellent organizational skills. Our ideal candidate will be hungry to learn new things, eager to advance their career in digital marketing, and have a work ethic that matches their enthusiasm!
We are looking for a college graduate with a Bachelor’s degree preferably in marketing, communications, journalism, English, Writing, or a similar field, with an interest in a career path in Social Media / Digital Marketing. You must live in Minnesota and pay your income taxes in Minnesota to be considered for this job.
- Create messaging for social media channels
- Assist in managing day-to-day activities on social media channels
- Assist in social media marketing campaign planning and execution
- Assist in public relations, reporter outreach, writing press releases, and more
- Assist in online event planning, messaging, and execution
- Assist in writing copy for website, emails, and any other part of the organization
- Assist in proofreading copy
- Assist in audience building on social media
- Updating WordPress website and publishing blog posts
- Organizing photos, event messaging, donor and member outreach, and more
- Writing & editing for blogs and newsletters
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to multitask
- Strong writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written format
- Team player, with the confidence to take risks and dive into new projects head first
- Good technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google Docs
- Attention to details and deadlines
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to work independently, be self-driven and motivated
- Responsible, goal oriented, focused, and cause-driven
- Required to attend one meeting and co-working day (up to 8 hours as a team) per month (day will be scheduled each month by management during regular business hours 9am-5pm) at The Coven in downtown Minneapolis.
- Required to live in the state of Minnesota
This is an entry-level, hourly, full time position that pays $15/hour with quick advancement opportunity. Benefits include vacation/personal days, holidays, and a matching 401k program.
Interested in this opportunity? Send an email inquiry by August 12, 2019 to email@example.com and include:
- Cover letter that tells us why you would fit in with our vibrant team at SocialNicole and why you are the perfect candidate for this job (Hint: don’t bore us! Use your creative writing skills and sell us on why you should get this job. This is a communications position so WOW us with your communication skills and effort!)
- Writing sample (Blog post preferred but this can be any type of writing)
- Links to your social media accounts open for public viewing
- Link to your updated LinkedIn page. (You are trying to start a career in digital marketing, so a stellar LinkedIn profile is essential for your career growth, and we want to see what you’ve got!)
Applicants that do not send all required application material as outlined above will not be considered.
At SocialNicole, our mission is to build a better community by helping people and businesses bring their unique talents to the world. We are committed to working with brands that we believe in, and our team of the best and brightest in digital marketing serve our customers with cutting-edge services. Are you the next member of our team? We hope so! Thanks for checking us out!