Seeking Full-Time Digital Marketing Specialist [Remote Position – MN RESIDENTS ONLY]
When times are tough, the tough get GROWING. At SND Agency, our team is expanding as the demand for digital marketing increases. If you’re looking for a position with opportunities to advance your career in an industry that is positioned to dominate the future – SND Agency may be the right place for you! Come find out what it’s like to work for a company that prioritizes employees, emphasizes a positive work culture, and is 100% remote.
SND Agency is a cutting-edge digital marketing agency driven by a team of creative, enthusiastic content creators, writers, strategists, analysts, and more. Founded in 2009 as a virtual agency, we have over 12 years of experience operating remotely. We have mastered the task of building a strong and vibrant “office” that allows for individualism, flexibility, and all the positives of remote working, while also ensuring the social connection and balance that is necessary for creativity and a positive social work environment.
Find out what it is like to work in a “virtual office” where the “water cooler” is called Slack and the conference room is inside Google Meet, Asana, and Zoom. It can be easy to forget you are sitting in your PJ’s drinking coffee on your couch during that Monday morning meeting with your team until you look outside and realize you did not have to battle traffic to get to work after shoveling out from the snow-storm.
In addition to the benefit of working from home in a global pandemic, this fully remote job also means no wear and tear on your car, no parking fees, no gas expenses, and no commuting time. Our remote team-building experience sets us apart from most employers, giving our employees the camaraderie and support of working side by side while reaping all the benefits of a remote job.
In our small agency, you’ll have the opportunity to work with everyone, including the CEO. As a team, we are invested in ensuring everyone has chances to advance their skills and their career path. Professional growth opportunities are around every corner, and your voice will count as we continue to grow into a larger organization. Every member of our team is an instrumental part of our success. By honing each individual team member’s “superpowers”, we ensure that everyone brings their strengths to the table and gets to grow in those strengths.
We pride ourselves on attracting and retaining forward-thinking, exciting, and world-changing clients that are fun to work with. From big multinational brands and agencies to local startups, influencers and entrepreneurs, we work with clients that are looking to connect and change the world. We get to be picky about who we work with and only take on clients who match our values and fit our business model. This means our employees are truly engaged with the work they do and excited about helping amazing businesses and brands bring their products, services, and messages into the world. As a member of the SND team, you would have the chance to work with many different clients and brands, so no day ever looks the same.
At SND Agency, we value people–both our clients and our employees. Our company culture is centered around our team. We believe that people are what make any company great, and we work every day to ensure we are a company that not only attracts but retains the best people. We believe in creating a positive and healthy work environment. In a remote job, we understand that work/life balance is essential, and we know that work should complement your life and your life should complement your work. But talk is cheap; it’s the actions a company takes to live their culture that matter. That’s why we work every day to live out the vision of our company culture and prioritize straightforward communication and feedback that helps us continually improve.
Some other things about us: we are proud to be a woman-owned company committed to mentoring and investing in each employee’s professional and personal growth. We value and make space for feedback, suggestions, and questions. Our team is made up of people looking to learn new things, striving to grow as individuals and professionals, and are open to the fun that can come in an industry that is literally changing every day. Flexibility is key, a willingness to jump in and solve problems is essential, and being the first person to step forward to try out the latest gidget, gadget or methods doesn’t hurt either.
As our newest Digital Marketing Specialist, you will be instrumental in the growth of SND Agency. We are looking for someone excited to invest their talents and skills into our team and grow their career. This person could be someone with experience in digital marketing, or perhaps have other career experience and are still looking to find their true vocation. We are open to discussing the possibilities with you if you fit our core requirements.
The Right Candidate Will:
- Have strong leadership skills
- Be a super sleuth–meaning they like to solve problems and have strong analytical thinking skills
- Have strong project management and/or organization skills
- Have experience working with social media channels (some experience with digital ads would be a bonus)
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Be detail-oriented
- Be attentive to directions and protocol
- Be self-motivated and driven to take initiative
- Be hungry to learn new things
- Be eager to go the extra mile
- Be able to work autonomously but also interested in working in a collaborative, creative environment as a team
- Exhibit loyalty for the company and understand that this small business is all about lifting everyone up as we grow
- Have a work ethic that matches their enthusiasm
- Be creative and excited about creating fun and engaging content
- Be friendly, have a sense of humor, and have a positive attitude
- Be a team player and willing to speak your mind (we like opinions and people who can take charge)
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently with little direction
We are looking for a professional with 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing, advertising, social media, or a similar field, OR with 4-7 years of professional experience in any field and has strong analytical and strategic thinking skills (hello math majors) and can write up a storm (or at least write a decent email, blog post and/or cover letter). We are also looking for that special person who loves to dig deep into the “why” (metrics analysis and number crunching) but balances that with the “how” (creativity and ingenuity).
- Assist in pulling metrics, analyzing data, and creating internal and external reports
- Assist in ads strategy, planning, implementation, and execution
- Data analysis (analyzing metrics and building strategy based on what the data tells us)
- Strategic project planning and organization
- Using tools like Excel and Google Data Studio to create reports and visualizations of data
- Assist in quality control of content production, asset development, strategy implementation, and data reporting
- Assist in content creation for social media channels
- Assist in social media channel management and reputation management as needed
- Assist in digital marketing campaign planning and execution
- Assist in digital budget management, strategy, and planning
- Assist in writing and editing copy for blogs, emails, newsletters, etc.
- Assist in creating content, ads, simple graphic images, and simple video editing
- Assist in audience building on social media
- Assist in WordPress blog publication
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly shift from one task to another, one project to another, and one objective to another (understanding sometimes the best laid out plans are just that…plans)
- Strong writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- Experience in data analysis, strategic planning, and/or complex project planning
- Team player with the confidence to take risks and dive into new projects head first
- Experience with digging into online software and/or apps to accomplish tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Google Drive
- Attention to details and deadlines
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to work independently, be self-driven, and motivated
- Responsible, goal-oriented, focused, and cause-driven
- Required to attend one meeting and co-working day (up to 8 hours as a team) per month (the day will be scheduled each month by management during regular business hours 9 am-5 pm) in Minneapolis. Our in-person co-working days and meetings have been suspended due to COVID-19 but will resume when it is deemed safe to do so
- Required to live in the state of Minnesota and pay income taxes in the state of Minnesota
Skills Not Required but Definitely Appreciated
- Blog writing skills
- Basic video editing skills
- Basic graphic design experience (Canva, Adobe Products, Pixlr, etc.)
- Basic HTML experience
- DSP experience
- Basic WordPress experience
- Basic SEO experience
- Data analysis experience
This is an hourly, full-time position with compensation dependent on experience, with quick advancement opportunities. Benefits include Paid Time Off, holidays, and matching 401K program.
Interested in this opportunity? Send an email inquiry by November 14, 2021, to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In your application, include:
- A cover letter that tells us why you would fit in with our vibrant team at SND Agency and why you are the perfect candidate for this job. This can be a written document, slideshow, graphic art, video, TikTok, Reel, or another digital format.
(Hint: don’t bore us! Use your creative writing talents, graphic design skills, video savvy, or whatever skills and talents you have to sell us on why you should get this job. This is your chance to WOW us with your creative skills!)
- Writing sample (Blog post preferred but this can be any type of writing)
- Link to your updated LinkedIn page