We are looking for a Junior or Senior in college studying marketing, communications or a similar field with an interest in a career path in Social Media / Digital Marketing.
This is a 15-25 hour per week position with a one-year commitment and potential to grow into a full-time role. The right candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (including proofreading), have working knowledge of networking channels (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and have excellent organization skills.
- Create messaging for social media channels
- Assist in managing day-to-day activities on social media channels
- Assist in social media and online marketing campaign planning and execution
- Assist in public relations, reporter outreach, writing press releases and more!
- Assist in online event planning, messaging and execution
- Assist in writing copy for website, emails and any other part of the organization
- Audience communications
- Updating WordPress website and publishing blog posts
- Organizing photos, event messaging, donor and member outreach and more
- Other tasks as assigned
- Writing for blogs and newsletters
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task
- Strong writing skills, including proofreading skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written format
- Team player, with the confidence to take risks and dive into new projects head first
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Docs
- Attention to details and deadlines
- Ability to work remotely
- Ability to work independently, be self-driven and motivated
- Responsible, goal oriented, focused and cause-driven.
Interested in this internship? Send an email inquiry by 11/17/17 to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- writing sample
- links to social media accounts
- resume or a link to your updated LinkedIn page (LI page preferred over resume)
Applicants that do not send all required application material as outlined above will not be considered.