SocialNicole is working to teach you how to use Facebook effectively for marketing your business. We have launched a “Facebook How-To” series break down the complicated concepts into easy, step-by-step instructions that are easy to understand and apply immediately. Please scroll to the bottom of this post to check out all the posts in our “How-To Use Facebook Effectively” series! Are you looking to accelerate your Facebook marketing today? Contact the team at SocialNicole now! We can help you build a Facebook marketing program that will get results fast!
Post a Photo With a Link on Facebook
Now that you’ve mastered how to use Facebook as your business, how to like other Facebook pages, and how to tag other Facebook pages, it’s time to get posting some of your own content! It’s true you can post links to Facebook and a nice little thumbnail and preview of the link will pop up. This is a great way to post a link and easy too. But it’s not the only way to attract attention to the link you are sharing on Facebook. In fact, we know that more people click on and interact with photos than with any other type of post, so it makes sense to mix up your sharing of links by attaching photos. It’s very simple to post a photo and include a link to lead people to find out more about your post.
1. On the status option, click “Share a photo or video.”
2. Select “Upload Photos/Video.”
3. This will give you the option of uploading an image from your computer, select the image you would like to upload. Once you have uploaded your photo you can “say something about your photo.” This is where you can include a link along with what you would like to say about your photo.
4. Once you have the photo uploaded, have your copy written and the link you want to direct people included in your copy, you can click on publish.
Keeping Links Clean on Facebook
While we are big fans of sharing links with images we know that sometimes links can be long and look messy. This can often distract and lose potential readers because of the large amount of cluttered text. A great way to feature links in posts with photos and keep your page clean and professional looking is to have a shorter URL link. Here’s how:
- You may want to have a second tab opened to Bit.ly for convenience.
- creating a Bit.ly link to the image online. You may want to have another tab opened to Bit.ly. Copy the original link where the image was found.
- Paste the link into Bitly.com. Click “Shorten” and this will automatically generate a shorter link.
- Click “Copy” to copy the new shortened link.
Including links with photos is a great way to share your content and drive people to your content.
Check out our entire “How To Use Facebook Effectively” series here.