We all know blogging is huge right now. So why aren’t companies taking advantage of this trend? I recently had the chance to attend an online seminar from MarketingProfs called Take 10: How to Create a Company Blog That Rocks and learn about corporate blogging. This short presentation left me with some great information on business to consumer blogging for companies and I think if the time and effort is put in, blogging could be beneficial to practically any company!
Here are 8 things I learned about B2C Blogging:
- Blogging is a great way to humanize your organization and create a public face.
- It’s a great way to establish authority in your industry. If you come out with the information first, consumers will flock to you for the latest things they need to know.
- It is an easy way to provide fresh content to your website. This in turn can also drive up website traffic and people will continue to come back as new content is posted.
- Creates SEO value for your company and will raise your search engine rankings.
- You will get feedback, both positive and negative, in your comments section. This information, even negative is extremely valuable!
- You can incorporate your entire staff into writing from the marketing team to the CEO and this gives fresh, new perspectives.
- You want to blog about what your customers or potential customers are interested in! From corporate events to new products it’s all about them!
- You need to post between once a day to once a week to keep your blog relevant. If you’re not able to do this, consider something other than a blog.
So what do you think? Do you like corporate blogging? Would it be beneficial to your organization? Feel free to let us know your thoughts! Photo Credit