In an ever-changing world of social media, there is one thing that can be frustrating and that is when people do not engage with your content on your social media platforms. Engagement can come in many different forms: likes, comments, shares, and retweets…but all forms of engagement have value as it indicates your target audience is listening. Not only does engagement show your audience is listening but it also opens the door for you to build a sense of community with your following. Engagement allows you to develop long lasting relationships with your online community and will help you drive business.
As a community manager at SocialNicole, I manage many client social media channels. Believe me, I know how challenging it can be to get your audience to engage with your content and to keep the engagement momentum going. Below are my top tips to increase engagement on your business social media channels.
6 Tips To Increase Your Social Media Engagement
- Know your audience. I know we have said this before and we will say it again. It is crucial that you know your audience. If you do not have a target audience in mind it will be very difficult to come up with content that will resonate with a particular audience or niche.
- Be relevant. This goes in hand with knowing your audience. Post content that your audience will find relevant to themselves and their lives. When you do this you become relatable and your audience is likely to engage.
- Be active, but remember the rule of quality over quantity. Being present daily on your business social media platforms is essential for your audience to see you and engage with you. While it is important to post daily, you may even post multiple times in one day on occasion, you need to be aware of whether or not the content you are posting is valuable to your target audience. Posting quality content is essential to ensure your community finds value in staying connected to you.
- Experiment. Test out different formats of content such as photos, videos or quizzes, and polls. There are so many different types of content you can post, try them all out and which type your audience engages with most.
- Ask your followers to engage. Be straightforward and ask your clients to engage with your page by telling them what you want them to do. Tell them if you want them to comment on a post, share a photo or take a quiz.
- Engage with your audience. Be sure to reply to your audience when they engage with you. Like their comments, answer their questions and thank them for sharing. Engaging with your audience will help build a sense of community. When you participate in a two-way conversation with them, it’s likely that they will choose to engage more with you in the future.
While social media is always changing and evolving, having active and engaged social media platforms has always been important. When people engage with your content you know your audience is listening. Engagement shows the door has been opened for you to create a community, build relationships and even drive business.
Need help coming up with a plan to increase engagement on your pages? Contact SocialNicole today and let us help you engage!